PDA2000 Photometric Dispersion Analyser
The PDA2000 Photometric Dispersion Analyser is a simple, rugged, but very sensitive monitor for flowing suspensions and emulsions, based on an optical technique developed at University College London. The unit is compact and lightweight (width: 380 mm, depth: 200 mm, height: 140 mm, weight: 4.5 kg).
- Selection of optimum flocculent dosages.
- Control of dispersion and emulsification processes.
- Assessment of the strength of aggregates (flocs).
Some of the advantages of the PDA2000 over more conventional techniques are:
- Very simple to operate—little attention needed.
- A very wide range of suspension concentrations can be directly monitored (from PPM levels to several percent solids).
- No orifices to clog.
- Minimal problems due to contamination of optical surfaces.
- Flow-through operation, ideal for on-line applications.
- Novel flow cell using inexpensive, disposable plastic tubing—no connection problems.
The PDA2000 Photometric Dispersion Analyser is now available exclusively via the joint Rank-Econovel website. Please visit the website for further information about the PDA2000.